Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Shake your Amazing Grace!

Reposted from Facebook (10/20/10)
So, I was sitting in traffic (Hello LA!) on the way to the airport, and trying to listen to Fish FM (95.9), a christian radio station. The north valley is the far edge of their coverage so it was kinda fading out and another (classic disco?) station was fading in... Here's what I heard:

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me,
(Shake your groove thing, shake your groove thing, ya ya!)
Was blind but now I see.

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved
(Shake your groove thing!)
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.

(Shake your groove thing, ya ya! Show 'em how you do it yall!)

When we've been there ten thousand years,
bright shining as the sun,
(Shake your groove thing, shake your groove thing, ya ya!)
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we'd first begun...

(Shake your groove thing, ya ya)

Somehow, it fit!

Amazing grace can be a somber-sounding song, but for me, it's really about joy and abandon. Joy for the amazing grace of God, and abandon and surrender to his will. Shaking your groove thing in between made me laugh and it really amped up the joy!

Amazing Grace indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment