Thursday, June 30, 2011

I Love and Fear my Shop Vac

My shop vac is amazing. I've had it for like 20 years and it still works like a champ.  It picks up lots and lots of things that I simply don't want to pick up!

I also use it to imprison spiders.   Our garage seems to be a haven for them. I don't know why, but what I do know is that rather than getting on a ladder to smush one, or spraying some toxic chemical to kill one, I'd much rather just use the Shop Vac.

Cindy, yes, I know.  Spiders should be free to live their own lives, they kill other bugs, etc.  But i'm sorry.  Some spiders need to die.

But here's the thing.  I guess all this time, I've had it in my head that it works something like this:


That is, I can use it to trap scary things.  Like spiders.

The problem is, even in Ghostbusters, they've got to open the trap to put the scary things somewhere.

Err.

I haven't emptied the shop vac in years.  I guess I'm afraid that inside is one alpha zombie spider that lives on the flesh of the spiders that I suck up, and that he's just waiting in there for me to open it.

Have I told you that my mom took me to see Giant Spider Invasion when I was 7?

Cindy, I think my fear of my Shop Vac is Karma.

No comments:

Post a Comment