Sunday, June 26, 2011

New PC

Prior to the big ch-ch-changes last week, I'd bought parts for a new PC.  We've been a couple of PCs down at home (due to conversion of one to a Solaris file server, and Robin's laptop being flaky) and I wasn't able to get PC time.

It's been running for a week or so now, and so far, it's been fantastic.  Here are the specs:

Intel I7-2600k Overclocked to 4Ghz
Corsair H70 Water Cooling
16GB GSkill DDR3-1600
Radeon 6870
Corsair White 600T Case
Corsair 650W PSU
Hitachi 3TB Data drive
Corsair 60GB SSD
Old 750GB drive I had laying around as the system drive.
Gigabyte Z68 Motherboard (forget the model)

Now that the arctic silver thermal paste has, ehem, burned in, I'm getting idle CPU temps (overclocked) at 28 degrees C.   Fully Loaded (PRIME95), they don't get above 50 degrees C.

Since I have the Z68 chipset, I configured the SSD as a Intel Ready Response disk cache for the 750GB system drive.  Now that the cache has warmed up, boot times are super fast, as are app load times.

I'm super happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment